To provide the candidate with the fundamental knowledge and practical skills required to operate an overhead crane.
The safe Overhead Crane Operation course is designed for anyone who operates or works with overhead cranes.
All personnel and anyone of legal age.
The course's objectives are to enable delegates to:
- Identify and implement control measures when operating overhead gantry cranes.
- The care and use of the crane and lifting equipment.
- Pre-start checks and service; fault reporting; load attachment; load lifting; load traversing; load placement.
- Understanding and using gantry crane terminology.
- Understanding the importance of pre-operational checks.
- Being aware of the safety codes for crane operators.
- Developing safe usage techniques.
- Load handling, parking, and storage techniques.